The Health X Cell® Dietary Supplement is available two ways:
- Unflavored Powder (Health X Cell® mineral mix)
- Pre-mixed Flavored Powder (Health X Cell® mineral mix blended with all natural Chocolate, Strawberry or Vanilla flavored Pea Protein)
General Information: Each serving is either:
- 1 scoop of Unflavored powder plus 3 cod liver oil soft gels.
- 1 scoop of Pre-Mixed Flavored powder plus 3 cod liver oil soft gels.
If mixing powder into juice, do not use acidic/citric juices (orange, grapefruit or pineapple) frequently as they may cause discomfort or gas. Do not use in carbonated beverages (soda, sparkling water, or seltzer).
Put the blended shake into the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight before drinking it and that will allow time for the air bubbles to pop and for the minerals to be suspended in the liquid. If you have a gassy or bloated feeling after drinking the shake then it was blended too long and has too many air bubbles in it.
The Unflavored powder tastes best if mixed into something very flavorful, like a favorite juice or fruit blend or blended with 1 – 3 teaspoons of a flavored protein powder. Many people blend the Unflavored powder into a yogurt smoothie along with fresh or frozen fruit.
Mixing suggestions: It is suggested to use a blender bottle, magic bullet or other blender. Do not put liquid and powder into a glass and attempt to mix with a spoon or fork. The minerals are very dense and will settle to the bottom causing it to be gritty.
- Put 3 ounces of water & 1 ice cube into the Magic Bullet glass. Screw on the mixing blade and blend it to break up the ice cube.
- Add 3 ounces of milk OR 3 ounces of your favorite juice or other liquid.
- Add 1 scoop of the Health X Cell® powder. If using the unflavored powder you can also add 1 – 3 teaspoons of a flavored protein powder (according to your taste). Screw the mixing blade onto the Magic Bullet glass.
- Shake the glass then blend it for only 2-5 seconds or pulse it 3 times (only long enough to mix the powder into the liquid). Then drink and swallow the 3 cod liver oil soft gels with it.
Read instructions completely before trying this method.
- Put 1 ice cube in the blender and add 3 ounces of water – blend it to break up the ice cube.
- Add 3 ounces of milk OR 3 ounces of your favorite juice or other liquid into the blender.
- First measure out and put aside 1 scoop of Health X Cell® powder. If using the unflavored powder you can also measure out 1 – 3 teaspoons of a flavored protein powder (according to your taste). Do not put the powder in the blender yet, it must be added while the blender is running so that it won’t clump up.
- Then place the cap on blender. Start blender, open the top carefully and pour the powder(s) into the blender.
- Turn the blender off after only 2-5 seconds (as soon as the powder is mixed into the liquid). If you blend it too long it may cause air bubbles and that will cause a bloated feeling.
- Then pour into a glass to drink and swallow the 3 cod liver oil soft gels with it.
Multiple serving shakes: You can add 2 or more scoops of powder into one shake using only 6-8 ounces of liquid. You can use more or less liquid to make it the consistency that you like. Remember to take the required 3 cod liver oil soft gels per scoop (6 soft gels for 2 scoops, 9 soft gels for 3 scoops. etc.). For multiple serving shakes the cod liver oil soft gels should not be taken all at once; spread them out over a few hours or throughout the day, but do not forget to take them.
Mix into Food: You can mix the powder into any soft food (oatmeal, yogurt, pudding, applesauce, mashed potatoes, etc.). Any way you blend or mix it is okay (in a drink or in food). If you are mixing it into something hot (ex. oatmeal, soup, etc.) then fully heat the food first and then sprinkle in the powder and mix it with a fork or spoon.
Try it different ways to see what you like best. There are other recipe suggestions on the recipe page. If you come up with any creative recipes that you would like to share with others please submit them to us by e-mail or the form on the recipes page.